Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dipped Homemade Marshmallow Popsicles



Happy Valentines Day! This year when contemplating a delicious treat to make for this Hallmark holiday, I decided that I wanted to try something I had never made before.....marshmallows! When I discovered that you can make marshmallows at home I was floored, and when I then discovered how easy they are to make I was delighted. I looked up multiple recipes but ended up using the Alton Brown recipe which you can see here! Then thinking back to the time I spent with one of my mother's best friends Kathy, I thought that they should be individually wrapped with ribbon before giving out to my theatre class as tasty Valentine Day treats! This recipe is super simple, but takes patience. Marshmallows are sticky and Pam will be your best friend along with the corn starch/confectioner sugar mixture used to coat the marshmallows. If I were to make these again I would cut them slightly smaller for easier dipping. I used dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate to melt down for the dipping and drizzling, and then I put colored sugar on the bottom of each popsicle. I think I may use this idea again around Christmas time and put crushed peppermint on the bottom and use them as hot chocolate dippers. Enjoy!
Miniemay

No comments:

Post a Comment